Tapping into your inner strength is a part of developing your inner beauty and becoming the confident individual that you are striving to be. Being able to use your inner strength can help you move forward in times of adversity. Rather than falling down and staying down, inner strength is the spark that turns life’s disappointments and letdowns into a motivational fire that will help you move forward towards new successes.
Many times our disappointments cause use to go into flight or fight mode, meaning either we run away from our problems or stop pursuing what is causing our discontentment, or we encounter our dissatisfaction immediately to turn them into accomplishments.
When we “flee” our disappointments, we tend to become discouraged and our self-perception decreases because we have a mentality of failure. Adversely, overcoming our setbacks and finding new solutions builds our inner strength and our spark of motivation slowly begins to grow and as we triumph over new challenges that growing spark becomes a fire that no one is able to put out.
“Doubtful thoughts become the wind that blow out my spark of inspiration and incentive to succeed.”
Many times I get a spark of motivation, but unless I act immediately on that spark and begin to grow the spark into a motivating flame, I lose my desire to surmount my feelings of defeat. Doubtful thoughts become the wind that blow out my spark of inspiration and incentive to succeed.
So how do we tap into our inner strength, light the spark, and build the fire that turns disappointments into motivation to succeed?
1. Make a mental list of all past accomplishments and how you got there
- More than likely you have had to overcome issues, setbacks and debilitating comments from others in the past and yet you are still able to list your successes. I bet you can do it again! Remember what you have accomplished should help you tap back into your inner strength and relight the motivational spark.
2. Surround yourself with positive people
- Becoming motivating can be challenging when you alone are trying to encourage yourself. Positive people that you trust can be a great way to boost your enthusiasm and drive because they provide a different perspective of yourself that is probably a lot more positive than how you are feeling about yourself in the current moment.
3. Ask yourself why you cannot overcome the problem or the cause of disappointment
- Try being completely honest with yourself and eliminate all the emotion you are feeling and ask yourself to give reasons why you cannot do better, be greater, and overcome what is causing disappointment. More than likely you will probably have a hard time finding valid reasons why you cannot strive forward.
4. Excuse yourself from the pity party
- The sooner you remove yourself from the problem and look at it with a broader perspective, the sooner you will probably find a solution. Make it easy on yourself and take a step back, deep breath in and view the bigger picture. I guarantee the bigger picture is going to be clearer that the small piece you are so intently focused on.
Life will always present challenges and disappointments, but it is how we confront them and overcome them that determines how far in life we go and what we accomplish. Stop debilitating yourself with doubtful thoughts and disappointments. Tap into your inner strength and grow your motivational spark to shine through any conflict beautifully.